We had a great start to phase four and these properties just kept blowing our minds. Since we have a lot to cover, we will just rank the most dangerous and fearless characters that would kill you. In order to do this, I have created a small criteria for this list. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law is a brand new entity and thus, that will have its own review. I will be ranking certain characters from Hawkeye (Fall 2021), Moon Knight (Spring 2022), Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness (Spring 2022), Thor: Love and Thunder (Summer 2022), Ms. Marvel (Summer 2022), and I am Groot (Summer 2022). I will try to give at least one character per property and this is meant to be taken loosely as some villains (ie. Najma) are probably not going to kill you. I will only focus on characters that would kill you if they so desired.
If you haven’t seen any of these properties, you may have spoilers heading your way.
8) Kingpin (Hawkeye) – I haven’t seen Daredevil, don’t come at me. From what I have seen in Hawkeye it is very believable that he could kill you. We see how he sets up for certain characters to be assassinated and Vincent D’onofrio’s performance makes the character more intimidating. He just isn’t a part of your life, so you really have nothing to worry about. We don’t see him that much in this series, so it doesn’t give him the canonical development we need to rank him higher.
7) Gorr (Thor: Love and Thunder) – Thor’s experience as a Guardian of the Galaxy is short lived due to the murderous Gorr: The God Butcher. Christian Bale’s performance is way more serious than his time as Batman, and it shows based on how outstanding he did for a serious character in a silly movie. He has slain many gods from different religions up until Thor. We should fear his necrosword but, we shouldn’t fear him. You are not a God and neither am I. If it wasn’t for the sword, you should be more afraid of Kingpin.
6) Arthur Harrow (Moon Knight) – I’ll be honest. I did not know who Ethan Hawke was until this show. His performance as Harrow has created an astonishing idea of who some of these gods are and he will stop at nothing to erase sin from the world. Going after anyone he deems necessary to fulfill Ammits destiny. But, since you don’t live in Egypt (hopefully), there are other Ethan Hawke characters that would kill you instead.
5) Jake Lockley (Moon Knight) – While we don’t have enough information on this character, we do know that this is a second alter for Marc Spector who is much more dangerous and under the control of Khonshu. Throughout the series, we watch Spector go on a journey working with his alternate identities and his alternate identities discovering him. Marc as Moon Knight alone is dangerous and even Steven Grant’s Mr. Knight who is strong and powerful even though Grant isn’t bright enough to use that power. Not getting to see Lockley the entire series up until the final post credit scene really introduced how mysterious and powerful he is compared to Spector and Grant. Even Oscar Isaac’s ability to differentiate between all three characters puts us into the film even more to have different feelings for the different identities.
4) The Department of Damage Control (Ms. Marvel) – So technically this is not a character. What we have seen from them, however, is endless determination to take down any enhanced individuals without any type of rhyme or reason. While they may not kill YOU specifically, if you were to show any special ability, they’d destroy a school for you. None of the mess ups from Kamala Khan would have happened if the DODC didn’t interfere. It is one of those instances we can relate to where certain problems could have been avoided if the higher power’s aggression wasn’t so demanding or unnecessary.
3) Yelena Belova (Hawkeye) – This Black Widow Assassin is a brick wall. There is no getting through to her emotions. The very kind and talented Florence Pugh shows off her acting chops as this highly intimidating individual. If Belova has orders or you mess with her in the right way, she will not stop at anything to kill you. While she is much better off as a human being now that she is away from the Red Room, she’ll still shred you to bits.
2) Groot (I am Groot) – You mean to tell me that this little guy is innocent? These series of shorts show us who Groot is on his own. Just like any little baby, any minor inconvenience is enough to set him off; but, he is a GUARDIAN OF THE GALAXY FOR PETE’S SAKE!!! He will literally throw you into space, or give you a bomb, or just strangle you, I don’t know. He may be small, but he is mighty. Don’t mess with him.
1) The Scarlet Witch (Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness) – She is not a kid anymore. She will stop at nothing to find her non-existent children. We go back to the scary Maximoff twin we have seen before, and in an even scarier, more intimidating way. Elizabeth Olsen’s portrayal of this character along with the horror film style by director Sam Raimi truly illustrates how powerful The Scarlet Witch really is. Before this film, she nearly killed Thanos if it wasn’t for the bias writing towards Tony Stark. She even opened AND closed an alternate reality with a fake family, mind controlling a real town! Now that she has control over her powers and knows the powers of the darkhold, you are done. Be scared. Hide your children. Tell your mother you love her.
TJ Bogart is a Junior Fim, Photo & Visual Arts major who lies awake at night asking, “I am Groot, But am I Groot?” They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.