Internet meme: An idea, image, video, or phrase that is spread widely via Internet.
Most of these memes require a… unique sense of humor. Memes can popularize anything, from a lame wolf t-shirt to a Rick Astley song. They are not so much funny as they are dumb, but nonetheless, all of them are entertaining. Here are some of our favorites:
1. “Cool Cats” Click here!
2. “Lamb runs around house”: Watch as baby lamb “Bee” bounds through a house!
3. “Three wolf moon t-shirt”: In 2009, the “Three Wolf Moon” shirt became one of Amazon’s top selling products. The shirt, featuring three majestic wolves howling at a misty moon (no way, really?) soon became an ironic symbol on the Internet. The “Three Wolf Moon” phenomenon is proof that the Internet can make anything popular. Buy yours today! Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ANCwQnIjL._AA300_.jpg
4. “I accidentally”: On one fateful day in 2008, a user on the popular Internet forum chan posted, “I accidentally 93MB of .rar files. what should I do…is this dangerous ?” The absence of the verb caught on and soon people were stumbling upon plays on this verbless sentence everywhere across the interwebz.
5. “Mind-fuck”- “when you see it you’ll shit brix” Images with hidden aspects that feature something unbelievable that may take a while to find.
6. Bob Dylan – self-explanatory
Lara Bonner ’13 and Emily Pfeffer ’13